Sunday, May 2, 2010

Digital quagmire

Okay, so being as right-brained as I happily am most of the time, I tend to leave the intensely linear/left-brained tasks of life undone as long as possible.  Add to this that I'm a fan of doing the fun parts of any task FIRST, both because I think it's the right thing to do energetically, as well as because it's the FUN PART.

Managing my social networking has put me in this spot over the last few days.  I like the reading, relating, interesting posts and links of being on Facebook and Twitter, etc, but keeping up with the many places we can gather in the modern world can get heavy.  I don't want to write for the sake of just writing. . . I want to share something that feels germane to share, to do the inspired thing, not the should/must/have to of communicating because it's what everyone else is doing or tells us we need to be doing.

Even the tools meant to help us manage social media have me in a digital quagmire.  I can link my site to post updates on FB and Twitter, and have FB and Twitter update feeds on my sites, and I can coordinate some online spots to grab the info from an upcoming event or appearance in one swooping click, but NOT ALL.  So I'm trying to remember which sites have info from which other sites, which ones do I need to update manually, which do I (uh oh) already have an auto-update mode set up that I might have forgotten about that is going to create an endless loop of posting and notifying somewhere else.  Ugh.  I know the easy solution might seem to be to hire someone talented at these things (a grade-school kid in my neighborhood sounds better suited to it than I feel right now) but I want to do it myself, be able to do it without an intermediary.

I've made this big fun colorful flow chart trying to map out what's going where and what's updating what, but I'm still trying to sort it all out.  Anyone with any insights on this, please HELP.  I love you already.  : )

Five Things I'm Thankful For Today:
1.  That I got in a good workout today, even though it's the kind of day that makes you want to burrow.
2.  That Mark is making such great progress on some big house projects!
3.  That Daisy seems back to her sweet self after a couple weird whiney days.
4.  That the library's guinea pig, "Sweet Pea" was so friendly and curious about Daisy.
5.  That it's May.  New www.astrologyzone.com forecast posted -- I love those!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. I'm half-wondering if all the people writing constantly are doing any actual living! Keep doing what you're doing. You'll figure it out.

    ReplyDelete